The World Health Organization defines overweight and obesity as an excessive accumulation of fat, which poses a threat to human health, and a person is considered obese if his body mass index is equal to 30 or more. His body mass is equal to 25 or more, that he is overweight, and it is important to know that obesity is a major risk factor for many chronic diseases, such as diabetes , heart disease, and cancer . 
Many companies have always marketed products that promise people to burn calories and fat, and in fact, the usual way to burn fat, which is to increase body movement, is the best way to achieve the desired goal, and there are many ways that would contribute to increasing the rate of a person burning fat Among them are the following: 
- Increase the duration of exercise: the body burns calories when it exercises in order to supply it with energy, and it is interesting that the body continues to burn more calories even after the end of the exercise, and the continuation of this effect depends on the composition of the body in general and the period during which the person exercises Sports; The longer you exercise, the more calories your body burns, and the faster your metabolism speeds up.
- Exercising resistance exercises: Resistance exercises are one of the types of exercises that work to strengthen and build muscles , and with the increase in muscle mass, calories burned increases even in times of rest, as 4.5 kg of muscle burns approximately 50 calories in resting situations, while 4.5 kg are burned Only 20 calories contain fat, and resistance training becomes very important with age; This is due to the decreasing rates of metabolism, as practicing these exercises at least twice a week is sufficient to lift them, and it is worth noting that the largest muscles in the human body are the ones that burn fat the most, and are found in the abdomen , chest, thighs, and arms.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is one of the things that increases the rate at which the body burns calories, and this is believed due to its ability to sense the body that it has more energy, which prompts it to increase its movement, and both green and black tea , and coffee are drinks that contain caffeine To take advantage of the caffeine property of coffee to burn fat without experiencing any side effects such as insomnia , it is recommended to drink 1-4 cups of coffee a day.  
- Eat frequent small meals: The body needs energy to start the process of digestion and absorption of nutrients every time a person eats a meal, so it makes sense that eating smaller meals and repeatedly burns more calories.
- Persistence on eating breakfast: Evidence is increasing confirming that weight gain is associated with not eating breakfast. Some studies have shown that people who do not eat breakfast consume more calories for the rest of their day, and not eating breakfast is associated with a greater body mass index in adolescents.
- Drinking water: Drinking half a liter of water increases the burning of calories by 24-30%, and drinking water helps to reduce the number of calories that a person eats, and the effect of water appears in weight loss, especially when it replaces high-calorie and sugar drinks. 
- Eating hot peppers: Chili peppers contain the compound capsaicin, which may increase the rate at which the body burns fat and reduce appetite. 
The truth of some recipes to burn fat and lose weight
Lemon fat burning
There are many claims about the ability of lemon, especially with hot water, to burn fat and lose weight, but there is no scientific evidence to indicate that drinking water with lemon contributes to weight loss compared to regular water, and the only thing that is effective for slimming is to reduce the calories consumed. The person, and increase the rate of burning and spending it, and drinking water with lemon may contribute to enhancing the feeling of satiety, which contributes to reducing the intake of calories and losing weight, but this effect is due to reducing calories intake, and the lemon does not have such a characteristic, so drink water Lemon is not a panacea for automatic weight loss, and a person will not notice any change in his weight if he relies on eating it and continues his day eating unhealthy fast food. 
Burn fat with cinnamon and honey
Despite the abundance of claims about the ability of a mixture of cinnamon and honey to lose weight, the evidence for this is weak, as one study indicated that it is possible to prevent weight gain by cutting out table sugar and using honey instead. Another study found the ability of honey to revitalize Hormones that reduce appetite, but no study has conclusively proven the ability of a combination of cinnamon and honey to lose weight. 
Burn fat with water detox drinks
Water helps to lose weight, and the same applies to detox water, which is produced by adding flavors from fruits, vegetables, or herbs, and as mentioned previously, water can increase the speed of human metabolism processes, and burn calories temporarily. A study that people who drink water before eating a meal lost 40% more weight, and drinking water is associated with reducing appetite, so the benefit of water detox in losing weight is due to the benefit of water in general, and not to what is added to it during its manufacture. 
- ↑ "Obesity" , www.who.int , Retrieved 15-12-2017. Edited.
- ^ A b Vanya Magee, "8 Ways To Fight the Burn Calories And Fat" , the www.webmd.com , Retrieved 15-12-2017. Edited.
- ↑ Franziska Spritzler (12-6-2017), "12 Healthy Foods That Help You Burn Fat" , www.healthline.com12 Healthy Foods That Help You Burn Fat , Retrieved 15-12-2017. Edited.
- ^ A b Adda Bjarnadottir (12-6-2017), "30 the Easy Ways to Lose Weight To ' Naturally (Science Backed by vBulletin®)" , Www.healthline.com , Retrieved 15-12-2017. Edited.
- ↑ Holly Klamer, "Does lemon water help you lose weight?" , Www.caloriesecrets.net , Retrieved 15-12-2017. Edited.
- ↑ Peggy Pletcher (1-5-2015), “Can You Really Use Honey and Cinnamon for Weight Loss? Cinnamon and honey” , www.healthline.com , Retrieved 15-12-2017. Edited
- ↑ Helen West (19-6-2016), "Detox Water Health Benefits and Myths" , www.healthline.com , Retrieved 12-15-2017. Edited.