Many people suffer from the problem of hair loss, where the hair appears inappropriately and not beautiful, for many reasons; Including: hair exposure to cold air currents continuously, or to hot sunlight, or as a result of the use of poor-made hair preparations and not suitable for hair, so we will talk in this article about ways to treat hair loss.
Causes of hair loss
- Malnutrition that leads to iron deficiency in the body.
- Broken hair.
- The psychological state of a person, such as anxiety, tension, depression, or going through difficult circumstances.
- Imbalance in hormones, such as: the imbalance that results from taking contraceptives.
- Taking medications that may weaken hair follicles or cause hair loss, such as: cancer treatment drugs.
- Genetic reasons, such as the mother and father going bald, or having thin hair.
- Vitamin deficiency, especially folic acid.
- Various diseases that may affect a person cause hair loss, such as: thyroid dysfunction and alopecia.
- Using harmful chemicals: like dyes, straighteners, and curlers.
- Use a hairdryer frequently.
- Using hot water to wash hair, which weakens the hair follicles.
Medical treatment for hair loss
- Take vitamins, especially vitamin B, folic acid, iron, calcium and zinc, as they help in hair growth, reduce the chances of falling out, and restore hair vitality.
- Using a special type of shampoo and conditioner that is in the form of medication that washes the hair continuously.
- Hair transplantation surgery: where hairs are implanted in areas that suffer from hair loss, and natural hair or synthetic hair can be transplanted, and natural hair is preferred more because it grows naturally and does not remain as stable as synthetic, in addition to that the industrial may cause inflammation as a result of the body's resistance to it.
- Scalp shrink surgery: The scalp that is empty or has little hair density is trimmed, then the scalp is rounded and stitched.
- Scalp segment surgery: In which a thickened scalp is implanted instead of the area suffering from hair loss or baldness.
Treat hair loss naturally
- Coconut milk: rubbing the scalp with it is one of the most important sources for nourishing the hair.
- Aloe vera juice: apply it directly to the head, massage the scalp with it, leave it for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil: Massaging the scalp with coconut oil is best, and olive or mustard oil can be used.
- Garlic and onions: Garlic and onions are sources that grow hair and reduce hair loss, and they are used as follows:
- Prepare onion juice and massage the scalp with it, then wash the hair with shampoo.
- Mixing onions with honey and making a hair mask.
- Boil coconut oil with garlic, and massage the scalp with it. This recipe can be repeated twice a week.
- Hibiscus decoction: Rub the head with boiled hibiscus , as it treats the scalp and strengthens it, prevents hair loss, and reduces the appearance of gray hair.
- Egg mixture with olive oil: put it on the head for one to two hours, then wash it, and egg yolks can be mixed with honey.
- Apple cider vinegar: mixing apple cider vinegar with sage.
- Coriander: Make a cohesive paste from coriander leaves, then apply it to the hair.
Tips to prevent hair loss
- Pay attention to the type of food, and eat foods that contain iron, and vitamins necessary for hair growth.
- Not washing hair a lot, as it is preferable to wash it once a week.
- When washing hair, it is preferable to press a towel on the hair to get rid of water, and avoid rubbing the head with it.
- Use a wooden or plastic comb while combing hair.
- Do not use the dryer too often, especially when the hair is wet.