- 1 Clean your nails at home
- 2 How to clean nails at home
- 3 mixtures to clean and whiten nails
- 4 tips to maintain healthy and strong nails
- 5 References
Clean your nails at home
Attention to the beauty and cleanliness of nails is no less important than skin and hair care, and the woman may resort to hide the shape of bad or dirty nails by always using nail polish, or by using special nail care materials, but they contain chemicals and this causes damage to them, but the nails can be cleaned At home, maintain their whiteness and health through some available materials at home and in easy ways and give the desired result.
How to clean nails at home
Nails can be cleaned at home by one of the following methods:
- Clean the dirt stuck under the nails using a special tool sold in pharmacies, and it is better to clean in the bathroom under strong lighting, and it is preferable to clean it before washing hands because the more dry the nails, the easier it is to clean them. 
- Use a soap containing natural substances and wash your hands with warm water, as it is not necessary to wash the nails alone, and you must use a soap that does not contain parabens because it weakens the nails, and you must stay away from substances that contain alcohol. 
- Put an amount of warm soapy water in a bowl, then put your fingers in it for three minutes, and the water temperature should be medium between lukewarm and hot. 
- Wash your hands with soap and water and dry them well before starting to cut the nails, and start by trimming the nails in a straight manner, and be careful not to shorten the nails too much, and keep a part of them to protect the upper part of the finger. 
- Use toothpaste to whiten nails by using an old toothbrush and put an appropriate amount of toothpaste on it, rubbing the nails with it in a circular motion for a minute. 
- Use a file and start the cold in one direction only, as many women make a mistake in using it, so that you make a cold by moving the file back and forth, and this method makes the nails easy to break, and you should not use the file if the nails are wet. 
Mixtures for cleaning and whitening nails
Mixture of lemon juice and rose water to whiten nails
This mixture is used to whiten nails according to the following method: 
- Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with an identical amount of rose water.
- Put your fingers in the mixture to soak your nails and leave it for a quarter of an hour.
Baking soda mixture for healthy and strong nails
Baking soda is used to whiten nails and make them look clean and white, and baking soda makes the nails look healthy and strong, and you can prepare the mixture through the following method: 
- Mix two and a half tablespoons of baking soda with two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, and stir until you have a paste.
- Apply the mixture on your nails and leave it to dry, then wash your hands.
Mixing olive oil with lemon to whiten nails
This mixture is used to get rid of yellowing nails, as well as work to strengthen them, and this through the following method: 
- Put three tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and heat it using a microwave.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice, then soak your nails with this mixture for five minutes.
- Rub your nails and hands with this mixture for a quarter of an hour, then wash your hands with warm water and moisturize them.
Nail oil bath
This bath works to strengthen and improve the nails, and in this way you need to soak your nails for ten minutes in olive oil, then apply any moisturizing cream at the root of the nails, and push the skin towards the back using your fingers, repeat this process once or twice a week. 
Tips for maintaining healthy and strong nails
Here are some important tips to maintain healthy and strong nails:
- Avoid using coarse files such as sandpaper. Because it is tough on the nails and causes cracks and leads to breakage, and it must be cooled in one direction, as mentioned, in a gentle and slow manner. 
- Use lemon juice or tea tree oil to whiten your nails if they are yellow, as tea tree oil contains antiseptic and antibacterial substances, while lemon juice contains citric acid, which restores the shine to the nails and makes them white in color, where the nails become yellow either due to a fungus infection or because of smoking The reason may also be using nail polish, so use a clean eye drop and put lemon juice or tea tree oil in it, then put any of them on your nails and wash your hands after five minutes. 
- Take supplements that contain biotin , because biotin increases the strength and thickness of nails and prevents them from breaking. 
- Reduce your visit to beauty salons to take care of your nails, because this exposes the nails to harsh chemicals and substances, and this causes swelling and redness of the area around the base of the nails. 
- Avoid cutting the skin around the nail, even if you go to the beauty salon, so avoid this step, and only push the skin back. 
- Limit your use of nail polish remover that contains acetone , as acetone makes it more brittle. 
- Do not over-wash your hands and use chemicals. Despite the importance of hand hygiene, over-washing them often and on a daily basis harms the nails, so we recommend that you use a moisturizing cream and rub the area around the nail skin more than once a day. 
- Avoid nail installation, as a special gel is used to install artificial nails that can cause sensitivity to the skin, and also cause nail damage that is difficult to treat later. 
- arrows Grza (16-2-2016), "more than 5 ways to clean up the nails" , Journal of Diet , briefed him on 05.14.2017.
- Mona Nassar (21-2014), “3 natural mixtures for whitening fingernails and feet” , Yasmina website , accessed 5/18-2017.
- loyalty Haddad (03.04.2015), "nail care in blends" , beautiful magazine , briefed him on 05.18.2017.
- Safa Soleimani (6/13-2015), “Natural lemon masks for cleaning nails , ” Layalina magazine , accessed 5/18-2017.
- "13 reviews beautiful nails" , her journal , 21.02.2015, briefed him on 05.18.2017.
- "Nail Care: How do you get more attractive and elegant nails?" , Layalina magazine , 04.13.2013, briefed him on 31.05.2017.