Many people strive to reduce appetite, with the aim of reducing weight and maintaining the ideal weight, so some resort to following some unhealthy methods, such as avoiding eating, which affects the state of health, so it is necessary to know healthy and safe ways to reduce appetite Which we will introduce you to in this article.
How to reduce my appetite
Eat foods rich in fiber
High-fiber foods, such as fruits and vegetables, legumes and whole grains, limit appetite and maintain blood sugar levels. Because it contains a good percentage of water.
Eat appetizers and soups
Eating a bowl of soup before every main meal reduces appetite, and thus reduces calories consumed, which leads to weight loss, and it is recommended to eat a low-fat, calorie-rich soup.
Eating three cups of low-calorie salad before each meal reduces appetite, and it is recommended that it be a mixture of tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and celery, with a fat-free sauce.
Nuts limit the appetite because they contain amino acids, proteins, vitamins, and few carbohydrates and calories, which leads to lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood and preventing weight gain.
Drinking more water leads to the stomach filling up faster, which sends signals to the brain to stop eating, and to feel full, in addition to the water not containing calories, which contributes to losing weight and cleaning the body of toxins, so it is advised to drink a glass of water, and wait For ten minutes, which will reduce the feeling of hunger.
Other tips to curb appetite
- Eating meals regularly: It is advised to eat at specific times daily, which reduces the feeling of hunger during the period of following the diet, which reduces weight.
* Eating herbs: Eating some herbs, such as sour, rosemary, and sage reduces appetite and improves digestion.
- Eating oats: oats are distinguished by their high content of fiber, vitamins, and protein, which maintains the health of the digestive system, cleans it, provides it with energy, and reduces the appetite.
- Commitment to a diet: Adherence to a diet leads to eating small amounts of food, in addition to reducing appetite as a result of being careful to follow it.
- Eating dairy products: Consuming low-protein dairy products that are rich in protein reduces the appetite, so it is recommended to drink milk before each meal.
- Eat calmly and slowly: It is recommended to eat each meal quietly in a period of up to a third of an hour. Because the brain sends indicators of satiety afterwards.
- Adherence to a diet: Adherence to a diet leads to eating small amounts of food, in addition to limiting appetite as a result of being careful to follow it.
- Eating dairy products: Consuming low-fat dairy products rich in protein reduces the appetite, so it is recommended to drink milk before every meal.
- Eat quietly and slowly: It is recommended to eat each meal quietly for a period of up to a third of an hour. Because the brain sends indicators of satiety afterwards.