- Lasers: Intense pulses of light from the laser are used to lighten dark areas and unify their color.
- Topical creams: Creams containing hydroquinone or vitamin A are used to unify skin tone and reduce dark areas.
- Chemical peeling: Salicylic acid and glycolic acid are used to exfoliate the surface layer of the skin and unify its color.
There are many natural home recipes available to unify skin color, including: 
- Lemon juice: Lemon contains citric acid, which is useful in lightening the skin and unifying its color, and it is used by applying lemon juice on the skin on a regular basis, and leaving it for a period of time before rinsing it.
- Oats: It is used by mixing a quantity of oatmeal with a small amount of honey in a homogeneous manner to obtain a paste, apply the paste on the skin and leave it for a few minutes, then rub the skin with fingers, wash it and apply sunblock.
- Milk: Contains moisturizing and softening properties of the skin, as well as improves melanin responsible for lightening the skin.
- Mask of olive oil, lemon juice and orange peel: Mix a tablespoon of olive oil with a tablespoon of orange peel and a cup of lemon juice in a homogeneous manner, and apply the mixture on the skin and leave for ten minutes, then rub using the fingers in circular motions, and the skin is washed with warm water, and it is recommended to repeat Mask on a weekly basis to obtain satisfactory results. 
Other ways to even out skin tone
- Moisturizing the skin on a regular basis in order to clean it and rid it of dead skin cells, and the moisturizing process is one of the important steps to help unify the skin color and give it smoothness. 
- Use sunscreen regularly to protect the skin from damage, redness and peeling from sunburn. 
- Avoid foods and drinks that lead to uneven complexion, such as snacks, alcohol and spicy foods. 
- Use cosmetics that unify the skin tone, such as: foundation and concealer. 
- Christine Case-Lo, Erica Cirino, “What's Wrong With My Skin? 38 Causes of Discolored Skin Patches , ” www.healthline.com , Retrieved 13-12-2017. Edited.
- BRENDA BARRON (18-7-2017), “Natural Ways to Even the Skin Tone” , www.livestrong.com , Retrieved 12-13-2017. Edited.
- EveHow.com (8-9-2015), "Homemade Mask To Unify Skin Color" , www.evehow.com , Retrieved 13-12-2017. Edited.
- JOHN BARRYMORE, "How to Even Out Your Skin Tone" , www.health.howstuffworks.com , Retrieved 12-13-2017. Edited.
- Ana Gotter (26-10-2017), "18 Remedies For More Even Skin" , Www.healthline.com , Retrieved 13-12-2017. Edited.