Salt or (sodium chloride) is a chemical compound, in the form of soft and white granules, and is extracted from salt seawater, and it is of two types: refined salt and sea salt, and the most important salt producing countries are China and the United States of America. The benefits of salt are not limited to adding it to food or household work, but it has many health and aesthetic benefits for hair and skin, as it is considered an important source of many minerals necessary for the health of the human body, but on the other hand, excessive consumption of salt may lead to many health problems such as high blood pressure and retention. Fluids in the body, so it is recommended to drink it in small quantities, as the maximum intake ranges between 2400-3000 mg per day.   
The benefits of salt for hair
Among the most prominent benefits of salt for hair are the following:
- Get rid of dandruff , as it absorbs excess moisture and oils that cause dandruff from the scalp. 
- Preventing scalp perspiration, as it absorbs moisture from the scalp to prevent it from sweating. 
- Protecting hair from fungi, as it prevents moisture that forms the fungi environment. 
- Giving hair softness, moisture and luster, because it contains minerals, it makes hair shiny and soft, protects it from damage, nourishes and restores vitality 
- Hair thickening, it prevents the occurrence of the aforementioned factors that affect the hair so that it remains thick, bright and healthy. 
- Curly hair treatment and smoothing. 
- Get rid of the effects of chemical hair products, as these products damage the scalp, and the salt works to get rid of this damage. 
- Improving hair growth, it is useful in stimulating hair growth, and it is a natural treatment for alopecia. 
Salt recipes for hair treatment
Here are some natural recipes for salt that are useful for taking care of hair and solving some of its problems:
Salt and sesame oil
This recipe is useful for treating curly hair and smoothing hair. 
- 25 grams of salt.
- 50 grams of sesame oil .
How to prepare:
- The two ingredients are mixed together and this recipe rubs off the hair.
- Leave it on the hair for two hours, then wash it with shampoo.
Coarse salt and moisturizing cream
This recipe is to give luster and shine to hair. 
- 3 tablespoons of coarse salt .
- 3 tablespoons of any moisturizing cream.
How to prepare:
- Mix the two ingredients well and put the mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Put on the hair and leave for a third of an hour, then wash the hair.
Salt and lemon juice
This recipe is for treating hair damage caused by chemical products. 
- A pinch of salt.
- A little lemon juice .
How to prepare:
- Mix salt with lemon juice and leave it for a day.
- Put the mixture on the hair for 5 minutes, then wash it.
Salt and shampoo
This recipe is useful for promoting hair growth. 
How to prepare:
- Add salt to shampoo and massage the scalp for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this recipe twice a week for a period of two months to see the results.
The benefits of salt for a healthy body
There are many therapeutic benefits of salt, the most important of which are:
- Maintaining the balance of body fluids. 
- Nerve action, as sodium or salt works with other minerals to help form electrical impulses that control body functions. 
- Prevent muscle spasms. 
- Prevention of the blows of the hot sun. 
- A sterile and antiseptic substance for wounds. 
- Stopping bleeding, especially bleeding gums, is useful for the safety of the mouth and teeth. 
- The work of the digestive system, as it plays an essential role in the digestive process and the activation of salivary enzymes. 
- A healthy heartbeat. 
- Stimulate the activity of the adrenal glands. 
- Relief from depression and improve mood. 
- Helping the absorption of proteins after the digestive process. 
- Treating swollen and swollen feet, by soaking the feet with salted water. 
- Getting rid of blackness in the knees and elbows . 
- Treating throat infections. 
- Deodorant, it is an antimicrobial agent that causes unpleasant odors. 
- Teeth whitening, by adding it to baking soda and using it as a mouthwash. 
Salt benefits for skin
There are many amazing benefits of salt on skin, including:
- Eliminate sebum secretions from the skin that cause acne , blackheads , pimples and other oily skin problems. 
- Exfoliating the skin, it removes the skin of dead skin cells, by mixing coarse salt with an amount of olive oil or almond oil and gently rubbing the face with this mixture, and then washing it as usual.  
- Fight wrinkles, because it contains magnesium. 
- Moisturizing the skin and improving the skin's nourishment process. 
General uses of salt
Salt has many general uses in our life, and these are the most important of these uses:
- Copper cleaning. 
- Remove stubborn stains such as strawberry and grape stains. 
- Removing oil stains from carpets. 
- Get rid of the smell of foul shoes, by putting a quantity of it inside the shoes and leaving it. 
- Adding the distinct flavor to food. 
- ^ A b T w Gori al - Naimi (03.02.2017), "12 of the health benefits of salt" , diet , briefed him on 07.23.2017. Acted.
- ^ A b t w c h x Gori Al - Nuaimi (5-12-2016), " the benefits of salt health and aesthetic" , diet , briefed him on 23.07.2017. Acted.
- ^ A b t w c h x d y t g o Sunrise Maliki (25-3-2014), "Despite the disadvantages , but the benefits of salt exist" , Web Medicine , briefed him on 07.23.2017. Acted.
- ^ A b t w c h x d y t g o arrows Grza (28-7-2015), " the benefits of salt for hair" , diet , briefed him on 07.23.2017. Acted.
- ^ A b t w Wafa al- Agha (09.07.2017), "salt to treat most hair problems" , beautiful , briefed him on 23.07.2017. Acted.
- ↑ Nahil Abdullah (10/29/2016), “Aesthetic uses of salt for skin and hair , ” my lady , read it on 07/23-2017. Acted.
- ↑ Maali Al-Ghamry (23-3-2016), “3 benefits of coarse salt will make you indispensable” , I am Zahra , reviewed on 07/23/2017. Acted.