Hand tremor or tremor is a temporary vibration that affects the hands or arms, for a period of time, and any other part of the body may be affected by it for various reasons, or because of the genetic factor or the presence of a specific disease.
Trembling the hands
Its occurrence is not limited to the elderly or those who suffer from aging, but it may affect children and young adults alike, and the tremors of the hands or arms may be temporary due to stress or fatigue or carrying heavy objects for a long time or exerting a great physical effort, and it may be permanent that does not leave the person And in this case, it is necessary to search for the reason that led to this.
Causes of trembling hands
- Nervous stress for the hands: or psychological or physical stress for the hands or arms, as feelings of anxiety, fear, or sudden and nervous tension may cause a rapid, sudden and temporary tremor in the hands that disappears with the disappearance of the effect, and the physical stress such as completing weights or doing cleaning work in a long, continuous and difficult way may occur This temporary shiver.
- Thyroid problems: An over-secretion of the thyroid gland and its over-activity above the normal level leads to clear tremors in the hands
- Nervous system problems: as some disorders of the nerves and brain and the presence of imbalance in the muscles or inflammation of the hands may occur tremor
- Tumors in the brain: Although it is a rare case, it is considered one of the main causes of tremor of the hands
- Drinking alcohol: sedatives, smoking, or caffeinated beverages, such as coffee and tea, at high rates, are among the causes of tremors.
- Aging: as intermittent tremors may be associated with a large proportion of the elderly, but it does not stop them from carrying out their daily activities.
- Parkinson's disease: Tremors in the hands may be a preliminary indication of the onset of Parkinson's disease.
- Vegetarians: Studies have shown that shivering is sometimes associated with vegetarians who do not eat meat altogether and depend on vegetables and fruits in their daily diet.
Treatment of tremor of the hands
Hand tremors are treated according to the cause of their occurrence, if it is due to physical or nervous stress, then it is necessary to take a break, relax, sleep and deep breathing, and if it is due to the thyroid gland or problems of the nervous system, it is necessary to see a doctor to take the necessary treatments.