Atherosclerosis means atherosclerosis, where the percentage of low-density lipoprotein in the blood increases, i.e. more than 160 mg / dL, and thus leads to accumulation in the arteries, causing them to gradually narrow, which prevents the blood from passing easily, which affects the nutrition of the heart muscle, and the infection of many Serious health problems that threaten human life, and in this article we will introduce you to atherosclerosis, its causes, symptoms, and methods of treatment.
Symptoms of atherosclerosis
- Feeling of severe pain in the chest, as a result of lack of blood supply to the heart muscle.
- A difference in blood pressure measurement between lower leg pressure and upper extremity forearm pressure.
Causes of atherosclerosis disease
- High level of harmful cholesterol and calcium deposits in the blood, as a result of eating foods rich in fats, which contain animal fats, such as: cream, butter, and ghee.
- Lack of exercise, and sleep after eating, which leads to stress on the heart muscle.
- High blood pressure increases the risk of developing atherosclerosis.
- Smoking regularly.
- Nervous agitation, tension, and intense intellectual stress.
- Obesity is one of the main causes of atherosclerosis and heart disease.
- Genetic factors.
- Having diabetes.
Places of arteriosclerosis
- The intestine, which causes the death of parts of it.
- The limbs are like the legs, which leads to gangrene.
- The brain is where it has a stroke.
- Heart where many heart diseases.
How to diagnose atherosclerosis
- High-density lipoprotein (LDL) screening, as type 1 knowledge provides protection against the risk of developing this disease.
- The use of a tomography device.
- Perform tests to ensure the functioning of the kidneys and liver.
- Undergo radiological imaging in order to identify coronary artery diseases, by injecting the patient with a radioactive substance, which is spread in the heart muscles.
- Measuring the level of cholesterol and fats in the body, by taking a blood sample and analyzing it.
- Using an electric plotter to find out any defects in the heart.
Treating atherosclerosis with medical drugs:
- Take specialized prescription drugs to lower high cholesterol.
- Take anti-blood-clotting drugs.
- Taking medicinal drugs known as beta-blockers, which lower high blood pressure and reduce the speed of the heartbeat.
- Take diuretics.
- Taking prescription drugs that treat diabetes, which is one of the leading diseases of atherosclerosis.
- Take ACE inhibitors.
Treatment of atherosclerosis with surgical interventions:
- Undergo an endarterectomy.
- Undergo operations to dissolve clots in blood vessels.
- Undergoing catheters and stents.
Prevention of atherosclerotic disease
- Diabetes treatment.
- stop smoking.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits.
- Losing excess weight.
- Avoid eating foods high in fat, such as butter, eggs, and sweets.
- Doing exercises such as swimming, walking.
- Treat kidney problems.
- Treating high blood pressure.