The immune system in the human body is made up of many cells, organs, tissues, and proteins spread throughout the body, and it is the system responsible for providing protection for the body from foreign bodies such as viruses , bacteria, and parasites, and it also helps to preserve Health and safety of the body, and the components of the immune system work with very high accuracy and coordination, when a foreign body enters the body to control and eliminate it, and this process is called the term immune response or immune response . 
Foods that strengthen immunity
Having a healthy and complete diet is one of the most important ways to maintain the integrity of the immune system, and some types of foods also help to strengthen immunity and prevent some diseases, and the following is a statement of some of these foods:  
- Citrus fruits: Most types of citrus fruits contain high amounts of vitamin C , and people resort to eating these citrus fruits, especially when suffering from a cold, and it is believed that vitamin C increases the production of white blood cells , which in turn strengthens immunity, and it should be noted that the body does not It can produce or store vitamin C, so you must make sure to get the body’s need of this vitamin on a daily basis.
- Dark chocolate: Eating dark chocolate helps strengthen immunity because it contains the antioxidant known as theobromine. Antioxidants help to support the immune system by eliminating free radicals. It is worth noting that, despite the benefit of dark chocolate in strengthening the immune system, it contains high amounts of calories and saturated fats, so it should be eaten in moderate quantities.
- Turmeric: Turmeric helps to strengthen immunity because it contains curcumin, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and taking turmeric helps treat some different diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Seafood: such as fish that contain large amounts of omega -3 fatty acids, as some studies have shown the benefit of consuming omega-3 in the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis, and the intake of zinc is important in the function of Immune cells, as this element is present in large quantities in shellfish.
- Green cauliflower: or as broccoli is called, it helps boost immunity because it contains powerful antioxidants such as the compound sulforaphane , and it contains vitamin C, other vitamins and minerals.
- Garlic helps garlic to eliminate many different types of infections, comes the benefit of garlic to boost the immune because it contains a compound allicin rich element sulfur, and there are some studies that show the effectiveness of garlic in lowering the level of blood pressure , prevention of injury By hardening of the arteries .
- Ginger: ginger has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which contributes to the elimination of some inflammatory diseases, such as sore throats, and helps to get rid of nausea, and some studies show ginger properties in relieving chronic pain and lowering cholesterol in the blood.
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds contain many important nutrients for the safety of the immune system, such as vitamin E, vitamin B6, phosphates, and magnesium, and it should be noted that vitamin E is one of the powerful antioxidants and has an important role in regulating the immune system and maintaining its integrity .
- Poultry: such as chicken and turkey, as eating poultry helps to boost the immune system because it contains large amounts of vitamin B6, which plays an important role in many vital body functions, and is one of the main elements that go into the process of producing red blood cells, Chicken broth prepared from chicken bones contains many immune-boosting nutrients, such as chondroitin and gelatin.
- Green tea: Although both green tea and red tea contain flavonoids, which are one of the types of antioxidants, green tea also contains EGCG, which is a strong antioxidant, and green tea also contains Theanine (L-theanine) is an important amino acid that is involved in some immune processes.
- Almonds: Eating almonds boosts the immune system because it contains vitamin E, magnesium, and manganese. Almonds also contain some healthy fats and fiber.
Types of immunity
The degree of immunity varies from person to person, but in general it increases with age, as the incidence of diseases decreases in adults compared to children, and the reason for this is that the human immune system maintains a copy of the antibodies it produces to eliminate foreign bodies that attack it In the event that these bodies return to attack the body again, the antibodies are ready to eliminate them, and for this reason there are some diseases that a person contracts once in his life, such as chickenpox . Immunity is divided into three different types in the human body. The following is an explanation: 
- Innate immunity: It refers to the immunity that is born with a person.
- Acquired Immunity: It is acquired by the body either by obtaining vaccines or vaccinations, or by contracting diseases.
- Direct immunity: It is the immunity that a person obtains directly, for example the immunity that a baby gets from his mother's milk.
- by Tim Newman (11-1-2018), "How To The Immune System Works" , www.medicalnewstoday.com The , Retrieved 28-7-2018. Edited.
- James Schend, “15 Foods That Boost the Immune System , ” www.healthline.com , Retrieved 28-7-2018. Edited.
- Lana Burgess, “The best foods for boosting your immune system , ” www.medicalnewstoday.com , Retrieved 28-7-2018. Edited.