Algae is a seaweed that has no flowers, no roots, stems or leaves, as it is a group of cells stacked next to each other, and it contains many important elements for human and plant health, such as: calcium, copper, magnesium, selenium, And potassium, iodine, iron, zinc, fats in a small proportion, antioxidants, fibers, vitamin A, B, C, and K, some omega-3 acids, and it is necessary to mention the multiplicity of algae's types, shapes, and sizes, but they share many characteristics, It usually lives in seas and fresh water, and in this article we will introduce you to its importance to humans.
The importance of algae
The importance of algae to humans
- Provides the body with the energy needed to carry out daily activities; Because they contain some nutrients, such as calcium.
- It provides the body with many nutrients, such as: protein, iron, magnesium, folate, and vitamins, especially vitamin B12.
- Protect the body from cancer; Because it contains antioxidants.
- Prevent diseases associated with winter.
- Treat arthritis.
- It treats some heart problems: such as heart muscle disorders, arrhythmias, and reduces exposure to strokes and acute heart attacks.
- It treats some skin problems, such as acne, pimples and dark spots, as well as lightens their color and delays the signs of aging.
- It treats digestive disorders, such as: constipation, diarrhea, and indigestion.
- Lose weight; It eliminates the fat accumulated in many areas of the body, such as the buttocks, abdomen, and others.
- It reduces high blood pressure and prevents harmful cholesterol from rising in the blood.
- The body gets rid of toxins.
- It treats some problems associated with aging, such as night blindness and macular degeneration.
- Treating thyroid gland problems, such as enlargement due to iodine deficiency.
- Treat the problem of forgetfulness, and nerve damage.
- Prevent some respiratory problems, such as asthma attacks.
- Reduces menstrual pain, ovarian tumors, and uterine enlargement.
- Reduces psychological tension, improves mood, which increases the ability to sleep.
The general importance of algae
- It is used in the manufacture of toothpaste, some cosmetic materials, deodorant, in addition to some types of medicines and chemicals.
- Treat wastewater; Because it provides a large percentage of oxygen to the water.
- It is a source of food for many animals, such as livestock and poultry.
- It makes some foodstuffs, such as ice cream.
- It is a source of compost, especially after it has dried; Because they contain a high percentage of nitrogen.
- It is involved in photosynthesis by 70%.
The importance of some chemicals in algae
- Laminarin substances: It is one of the important sugars in the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Alganate: It is a viscous material that is used in the composition of the algae cell walls, especially the brown type.
- Fucudan Materials.