Difficulty swallowing is one of the annoying problems that many individuals face, and that results from the lack of salivary glands secretion in the mouth, and there are many symptoms that would indicate that a person has difficulty swallowing, such as: dry lips, the surrounding area, and the presence of Small cracks around the mouth, in addition to the appearance of an unpleasant smell of the mouth and teeth, the inability to eat easily, and the presence of a burning throat, and in this article we will learn about the causes of difficulty swallowing in detail, with a set of natural home recipes that play a major role in its treatment.
Causes of difficulty swallowing
- Infection with some serious diseases such as: Alzheimer's and stroke.
- Exposure to some psychological stress, such as: fear of something, anxiety, tension, and annoyance.
- Smoking a lot during the day, as this reduces saliva production in the mouth.
- Taking some types of medicines that lead to dry mouth, and thus difficult mouth.
- Resorting to the use of some treatments to get rid of many diseases, such as: chemotherapy cancer.
- Old age.
- Having a cold, especially if it is accompanied by tonsillitis.
- Dysfunction of the thyroid gland.
- Eating food quickly, and not chewing it properly.
- Oral and esophageal cancer.
- Infection with different types of fungi inside or around the mouth.
- Small bumps at the tip of the tongue.
Natural remedies for difficulty swallowing
Sage contains a group of minerals and vitamins, the most important of which are vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B, in addition to containing anti-inflammatory and oxidative substances, and sage is used by placing six teaspoons of it in a cup of boiling water, and leaving the cup aside for a quarter of an hour Then filter it from the excess impurities, then gargle in it for thirty minutes, taking care to use this treatment three times a day, to get the best results.
Lemon contains natural antioxidant properties, as it greatly contributes to cleaning the mouth from the germs and bacteria accumulated in it, and this recipe is used by placing a few drops of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey inside a cup of water, and mixing all the ingredients together, To get a full consistency, drink a cup at intervals during the day, and it is possible to drink a cup of sweetened lemon juice. You can also sprinkle a small amount of salt on a small slice of lemon, and rub the tongue with it.