Keratin is a natural substance found inside human hair, which accounts for 88% of the natural components of the hair, and natural keratin is found within a group of fibrous bonds that make up the hair, and keratin is the substance that gives the hair its life and softness and greatly reduces the hair frizz and its irregular waves, and hair like other The body parts get its nourishment through the food that a person eats during his daily meals or through some external preparations that support the external food and support it to obtain the best results that are healthy, smooth, smooth, shiny and long hair.
Sources of natural keratin
- Vegetables and fruits: where keratin is found in the colors of vegetables and fruits: orange vegetables such as carrots, pumpkins, mangoes and potatoes, dark green vegetables such as: broccoli, spinach, asparagus and cabbage, and red vegetables such as strawberries, beets and red peppers that contain lycopene and other anti-substances Antioxidants remove the manifestations of aging and enhance the natural secretion of keratin and collagen in the body.
- Foods rich in protein other than meat: such as eggs, bananas, almonds and strawberries, which are all rich in biotin, which promotes the natural secretion of keratin in the body.
- Meat: as white, non-fatty meats, such as chicken, contain a high percentage of keratin, which gives the hair shine, softness, and a healthy elegant appearance.
- Foods rich in omega-3 acids: omega-3 acids, which are good fats, play a major role in the health of skin and hair and increase the secretion of collagen and keratin, such as those found in tuna, salmon, flaxseeds, beer yeast, walnuts, and others.
- Soy products: As all materials produced from soy, such as cheese, oil and soy milk, all contain genesetin, which enhances the production of keratin in the body and produces substances that fight the signs of aging in the skin.
Recently, hair experts were able to develop an artificial preparation of keratin to add to the hair to straighten it and remove wrinkles from it without the daily need for electric hair styling, and this synthetic material maintains the smooth and soft appearance for a period of 3-6 months depending on the type of hair, how it is washed and continuous care for it.
The hair loses this important substance and its quantities decrease dramatically as a result of many factors such as pregnancy and breastfeeding in the mother, or anemia, anemia, resulting from poor nutrition and lack of access to a good amount of minerals and vitamins, in addition to lack of external care for the hair, such as using oil baths or cutting hair constantly, as well as Frequent use of hairdressers and synthetic preparations such as gels, hair sprays and commercial shampoos.