High body temperature
There is no person who has never been exposed to the problem of high temperature, especially in childhood, children are more susceptible to high temperature than adults, and whatever the causes of high temperature in the body differ, the cause must be known and treated quickly. Because a high temperature is a dangerous indicator that the body has a disease, and you should not be complacent and rush to get rid of the high temperature, and the body should return to its normal temperature, which is 37 degrees Celsius.
A high body temperature means that the body temperature has risen above the normal range of 37 degrees Celsius, the feeling of chills, sweating, fatigue and exhaustion, the inability to move and focus, and when you feel very hot, and that your body has become hot, you must confirm your temperature using a thermometer, and you can Measuring your temperature by placing a thermometer under the armpit or under the tongue or through the anus, and usually, when the doctor uses a temperature measurement for children, he measures the temperature through the anus, and for adults, usually the temperature is measured for them through the armpits or a scale Sublingual heat. There are several signs of a high temperature in your body that you should take into consideration: So that you can find out the cause of the high temperature.
Symptoms of high temperature
- Feeling hot, hot, and also chills.
- Feeling thirsty, dehydrated, and unwilling to eat.
- The temperature rises to more than 37 degrees Celsius and can reach 42 degrees Celsius.
- The causes of high body temperature vary, as it may be a slight and transient high temperature, and it heals after a short period without any side effects.
- It may be an indication that you have another disease, and you need a lot of treatment to get rid of it.
- Therefore, high body temperature should not be tolerated, especially in children. Because they are more affected by this than adults, and if the high temperature lasts for more than two days, this may affect the health of the child, and cause him other diseases that cannot be treated.
Causes of overheating
- Heat stroke This is due to direct exposure to strong sunlight for a long period of time.
- Infections, including: (otitis media, tonsillitis), and other types of multiple infections.
- The appearance of teeth in young children may also be accompanied by high temperature, fatigue and fatigue.
- A cancerous tumor is one of the cancers that affect the body, such as: leukemia.
- Taking medication to treat an illness; This causes side effects, such as: high temperature.
- Viral infection, or infection with germs of any type.
- Influenza with severe disease and for a long period of time.
- Having AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency).
The causes of high temperature are many and many, and it is not possible to determine what is the cause of high temperature without resorting to the doctor, diagnosing the case accurately, conducting laboratory tests, and making sure that you have a disease from not being infected, and when you feel your body temperature rises, or feeling For any symptom of overheating, you should take your temperature. To make sure of your high temperature, by using a thermometer, whether it is mercury or electronic.
But doctors prefer to use an electronic thermometer; Because the mercury inside the mercury thermometer is toxic, and if the thermometer is broken at home, someone may be poisoned, and then you must try to reduce the temperature in the home in several ways and methods, and that is if you suffer from an average high temperature, i.e. no more than 39 Celsius.
Ways to reduce heat in the home
- Make cold water compresses, apply them to the forehead, and wipe the head with it; To absorb heat.
- Sitting in lukewarm or cold water if possible. To reduce the temperature quickly.
- Wearing light clothes, and staying away from warm and hot places.
- Sitting in a cool or cool place.
- After lowering the temperature to less than 38 ° C, you can take a fever-reducing medication. Because taking a medicine that reduces fever and your temperature is high will not have any result, therefore, you must first reduce the temperature, then take the medicine.
- Avoid eating fatty and heavy foods on the stomach; In order not to vomit.
- Take care to drink various fluids and juices.
- You can eat well-washed yogurt or fresh fruits.
- You must take good care of the cleanliness of the food that you will eat; In order not to suffer from vomiting and diarrhea, and also suffer from an intestinal flu.
If home methods did not reduce your temperature, and the temperature remained high for more than two days, it is preferable to see a doctor, but if your temperature is very high, or 42 degrees Celsius, then you should not wait for a long time and go to the hospital immediately. In order to determine the cause of the high temperature, and treat you as soon as possible.
Need to see a doctor
- If the victim is a baby, and the high temperature lasts for more than a day.
- If you were hit or fell from a high place, and you felt unable to move your feet or hands, for example, and this was accompanied by a rise in your body temperature.
- If the injured person is an adult, and his high temperature lasts for more than two days.
- If the affected person feels any other symptoms associated with high temperature, such as: (cough, ear pain, and the inability to move).
Often the doctor resorts to monitoring the patient, measuring his temperature continuously, and trying to lower it with cold water and painkillers; In order to see the extent of the patient's response to treatment and the extent of his health development, and also the doctor examines the patient, and whether or not the patient suffers from other symptoms? When the doctor notices any other worrisome symptoms, he will resort to laboratory tests for the patient, and to make sure that he does not have any other diseases that may be the reason behind the high temperature.
You must always be careful to eat clean foods, and stay away from prepared foods that you do not know their source or how clean they are. Because basically the cause of most diseases is the transmission of viruses and germs to the body, by eating unclean foods or sitting in an unclean place. Therefore, you must maintain your home clean and sterile, especially keeping the bathrooms and kitchen clean; To prevent the transmission of germs to you and your family.
And if you have a baby at home, it is preferable that you make sure that everything that belongs to him is sterilized, whether it is a feeding bottle, a pacifier, or anything the child eats, whether it is milk or food. Because children at this age have little immunity, and they cannot resist diseases like an adult, and any disease, no matter how simple, may affect them for a long time. Therefore, you must be aware of everything that makes you maintain your health and the health of your family, and how to take care of personal hygiene and cleanliness. Food, drink and home; In order to keep your family healthy, and reduce their disease as much as possible; Because prevention is better than cure.