Vitamins and minerals are among the basic nutrients that the body needs, and they are organic compounds that act as vital nutrients for the body, and are distinguished by the possibility of manufacturing them to be taken as substitutes for natural organic compounds in cases where production is deficient, and the body is not satisfied with taking its needs from them through food.
Types of vitamins
The benefits of vitamin A are concentrated in the following:
- Maintain healthy eyes.
- Aiding in the general growth and development process of the human body.
- Maintain healthy teeth and skin.
- It can be obtained from many natural sources, including: carrots, oranges, sweet potatoes and melons.
The benefits of vitamin B are concentrated in the following:
- The most important vitamins in energy production.
- Stimulate the immune system.
- Iron absorption.
- It can be obtained through vital combinations of whole grain nutrients such as potatoes, lentils, chili peppers, and beans.
Vitamin C benefits are concentrated in the following:
- Promote the work of blood vessels.
- Giving the skin its elasticity.
- Do the functions of antioxidant and iron absorption.
- Vitamin C can be obtained from many natural food sources such as guava, paprika, kiwi, broccoli and melon.
Vitamin D benefits are concentrated in the following:
- The most important vitamin for maintaining bones.
- It can be obtained by spending time in the sun, or through some foods: eggs, fish, and mushrooms.
Vitamin E benefits are concentrated in the following:
- One of the vitamins that stimulate blood circulation.
- Vitamin E can be obtained from foods rich in strong almonds, sunflower seeds, and tomatoes.
The benefits of folic acid are concentrated in the following:
- Cell regeneration.
- Preventing birth defects, especially during pregnancy.
- It can be obtained from many natural food sources, including: dark leafy vegetables, cauliflower, citrus fruits, beans, lentils, and nuts.
The benefits of calcium are concentrated in the following:
- An important vitamin for healthy teeth and bones.
- It is found in abundance in dairy products, such as yogurt and cheese.
Iron benefits are concentrated in the following:
- The most important factor in building body muscles.
- Maintain blood health.
- Its most important sources are oysters, meat, liver, beans, soy, lentils and spinach.
The benefits of zinc are concentrated in the following:
- Achieve the necessary immunity for the body.
- Growth and fertility.
- Among the most important natural sources rich in zinc are sea foods such as: oysters, spinach, cashews, beans, and dark chocolate.
The classification of vitamins
Vitamins in the human body are classified based on the solubility factor in water and fats, so the human body contains thirteen types of vitamins, four of which are fat-soluble (A, D, H, K), while nine of them dissolve in water, which are B vitamins, And vitamins C.