- 1 The hormone testosterone
- 2 Causes of low testosterone
- 3 symptoms of low testosterone in men
- 4 Diagnosis of low testosterone
- 5 Treatment of testosterone deficiency
- 6 Risks of hormonal therapy
- 7 References
Testosterone is one of the most important male sex hormones, and it is responsible for the emergence of secondary sexual characteristics in males, and the level of this hormone affects sexual desire in men, as many men suffer from symptoms of this hormone deficiency without knowing the causes of these symptoms that can be treated by compensating hormones. The hormone testosterone is produced in the testicle in men, while the hormone testosterone is secreted in small quantities in females, and this hormone also works in all stages of male life. The emergence of secondary sexual characteristics, and the hormone testosterone in men also produces sperm, and helps in the growth of bones, muscles and hair in men.
Causes of low testosterone
Age is one of the most important reasons that lead to a lack of testosterone, in addition to diseases that affect the gonads responsible for producing this hormone, such as testicular inflammation, cancer, chemotherapy, diseases that affect the pituitary gland, and diseases that are related to defects in Chromosomes.
Symptoms of low testosterone in men
Mood and emotional swings
Low testosterone level in men may be associated with some mood, emotional and psychological fluctuations, such as mental anxiety, mood disorders, depression, and irritability, in addition to a decrease in the general feeling of health, decreased motivation and self-confidence, and some people may suffer from loss Focus and memory impairment as well.  
Testosterone is important for a man's sexual health. As the hormone level falls below the normal level leads to a number of sexual problems and disorders, including the following: 
- Difficulty with or maintaining an erection.
- Small testicles .
- Decreased semen volume, which can result in fertility problems.
- Decreased sexual desire.
Testosterone plays a role in increasing muscle mass and building body muscles in general. Therefore, the decrease in the hormone level is accompanied by a number of physical changes .
- Decreased muscle mass and strength.
- Hot flashes.
- Osteoporosis .
- Increase the amount of fat in the body.
- Swelling and pain when touching the breasts.
- Influence on cholesterol metabolism processes in the body.
- Fatigue and fatigue.
Low testosterone may cause hair loss in the head, body, and face. Therefore, the hormone is used in some cases to treat the problem of hair loss in men and women, but it should be noted that hair loss in the head may be normal with age in men and women, and sometimes its causes are hereditary.  
Testosterone helps produce red blood cells . Thus, a decrease in this hormone may lead to anemia. Which is defined as a decrease in the number of red blood cells that transport oxygen to various parts of the body, which leads to a feeling of fatigue and general weakness. 
Studies have shown the effect of low testosterone on the ability to sleep, and suffer from insomnia, and it is worth noting that hormone therapy with testosterone increases the risk of developing sleep apnea . It is a serious health problem that is accompanied by frequent interruptions in breathing during sleep. This causes sleep disturbances , which, on the other hand, may lead to a decrease in testosterone levels in a man. 
Diagnosing low testosterone
To diagnose this hormone, a blood test is performed for people who suffer from symptoms of deficiency of this hormone, such as problems in the sexual process, low or weak sperm count, and the doctor assesses the density of hair growth, the size of the genitals, and assesses the level of bone density, with the possibility of making an image of the pituitary To detect if there are tumors or problems in this gland, which in turn affect the level of hormones secretion.
Treating low testosterone
The deficiency in the testosterone hormone was treated by compensating hormones, as these hormones alleviate the symptoms of this hormone deficiency such as improving and increasing sexual desire, alleviating depression, and increasing bone and muscle mass, and the patient must also inform the doctor in the event of any complications arising from treatment.
The risks of hormonal therapy
- Hormone therapy should not be used in cases of cancer.
- This treatment is not used in cases of cardiovascular disease because this treatment leads to heart muscle failure.
- This treatment can lead to an enlargement of the breast and prostate in men, and following this treatment can lead to the occurrence of prostate cancer.
- Jenny Lelwica Buttaccio (12-2-2018), "Signs And the Symptoms Of Low Testosterone In Männer" , Www.verywellhealth.com , Retrieved 11-3-2019. Edited.
- "Low Testosterone In Männer" , Www.healthline.com , Retrieved 11-3-2019. Edited.
- of Jenna of Fletcher, "What ' are On The Symptoms Of Low Shoes Testosterone" , www.medicalnewstoday.com The , Retrieved 11-3-2019. Edited.
- Ryan Wallace, Kathleen Yoder, "9 Signs of Low Testosterone" , www.healthline.com , Retrieved 11-3-2019. Edited.