Collagen is a type of fibrous protein, and it is formed from a group of amino acids that are made inside the body, and collagen enters the composition of most tissues, and it is the most naturally abundant protein in the body, as it constitutes 30% of the entire body and 75% of the skin. As you age, its production in the body decreases, which negatively affects the body's ability to repair and renew itself. This ultimately causes changes in appearance, flexibility, strength and function.
According to the aforementioned; The body's ability to produce collagen decreases at a rate of 1.5% annually after the age of 25, and the collagen fibers become fragile and weak. This causes the connective tissues responsible for cohesion to weaken, and the delicate muscles in the skin relax. This leads to wrinkles and skin problems.
Health benefits of collagen:
- It improves blood circulation.
- Promotes wound healing.
- Reduces arthritis pain.
Collagen aesthetic benefits:
- Promotes hair growth.
- Delays the appearance of wrinkles.
- Maintains skin elasticity, and gives it a youthful appearance.
- Eliminates white strands and cellulite in the body.
- Thinning and smoothing the complexion.
- Gives lips and cheeks more fullness.
Causes of collagen deficiency
- Biological factors: They are aging or normal aging, hormonal changes, and impaired metabolism.
- Environmental factors: they are constantly exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays, chlorinated water, environmental toxins or air pollution, and bad habits, such as: smoking, consuming stimulants and alcohol, staying up late, poor nutrition or following unbalanced diets, stress, stress and depression .
- Food sources: They are cranberries, tomatoes, seafood, sweet potatoes, and foods with a high content of vitamin A, such as: leafy vegetables and carrots, and foods with a high content of vitamin C, such as: strawberries, salty foods, and nutritional supplements, available in Pharmacies of different prices; And it takes a long time for its results to appear.
- Medical sources: They are cosmetic products with collagen added, and they are in the form of creams for the skin, whether for the face or the whole body, and are characterized by the appearance of their results within a short period of use, as is the injection of collagen, which is a non-surgical procedure that does not require total or partial anesthesia. Within a short period, and its results appear quickly within a period of two to three weeks, depending on the type of collagen used, noting that the results of collagen injection are not permanent, which requires repeating it two to four times during the year.