In this article I will talk to you about what I noticed when I was young I used to hear about anemia or anemia, in fact I thought it was an infectious disease! Likewise, I thought it only affects the poor in the poor African countries, and I concluded that from his name! But after we studied this disease in medical school , I discovered that this disease is not contagious at all, and that it does not only affect the poor. It is a disease that affects the poor and the rich alike. Since its causes are so many, let's discover together how I came to change my perceptions as a child.
Definition of anemia
It is a condition that occurs because the hemoglobin concentration in the blood is lower than the normal level (less than 11 g / dL in men and less than 10 g / dl in women).
The percentage of hemoglobin in a person and his function
In the adult male it ranges from 13-17 g / dL, and in the female adult from (12-17) g / dCylister, while the function of hemoglobin is concentrated in transporting oxygen to the various cells of the body.
Classification of anemia
There are many classifications of anemia, but the most common of these is the classification of anemia according to the mean spherical size of red blood cells. It is divided into microcytic anemia (less than 80 femtoliters), isocytic anemia (80-100 femtoliters), and macrocytic anemia (more than 100 femtoliters) .
As for microcytic anemia, the most common causes are iron deficiency anemia, which is the most common cause of anemia in the world. Other causes include: sideroblastic anemia, thalassemia, and anemia resulting from chronic diseases.
The chronic diseases and the loss of large amounts of blood and anemia aplastic blood and endocrine diseases such as lack of secretions of endocrine gland , thyroid , and lack of secretions gland , adrenal, and lack of secretions gland , the pituitary of the most important causes of anemia only Alkruyat.
The most common cause of macrocytic anemia
- Vitamin B12 deficiency anemia
- Folic acid deficiency anemia
- Alcoholic drinks
- Liver failure
- Some drugs used to treat cancers such as cyclophosphamide, and the lack of secretion of the thyroid gland .
Other topics on anemia
- Read about: ( Causes of Iron Deficiency Anemia )
- Read about: ( Causes of Vitamin B12 Deficiency Anemia )
- Read about: ( Causes of Folic Acid Deficiency Anemia )
- Read about: ( Symptoms of anemia )
- Read about: ( Diagnosing anemia )
- Read about: ( Anemia Treatment )
- Read about: ( Treating anemia with food )
- Read about: ( Treating anemia with herbs )
Anemia is defined as the drop in the hemoglobin level in the blood below a certain limit, and there are many classifications of it, the most important of which are classified according to the spherical size of red blood cells. A cause of anemia in the world. One of the most important symptoms of anemia is a feeling of general fatigue in the body, and one of its most important complications is that it leads in severe cases to heart failure, and treatment of anemia focuses on treating the cause of it, and we do not forget to give iron and folic acid to help patients.
- cristopher's hasslet and others, 2009, Davidson's principles and practice of medicine, New York, Churchill livingistone.
- Fauci and others, 2009, Harrison's manual of medicine, USA, McGraw-Hill.