Tooth decay is one of the common problems among people, especially with the increase in the consumption of sugars and sweets of various kinds, and if everyone does not follow proper dental care, they will be vulnerable to the occurrence of caries, as the structure of the decaying teeth is destroyed, and it becomes infected with rot, which can gradually develop into small holes Or gradually large, and tooth weakness may develop in the event that it is not treated immediately after injury, and its treatment is often by removing the damaged part and replacing it with an artificial filling, and it should be noted that it is an ideal solution in the case of cracked or cracked teeth as well.
Types of dental fillings
- Gold filling: It is characterized by its ability to withstand a period of ten to fifteen years without being rusted or damaged.
- Amalgam fillings: It is characterized by its strength and stiffness, and its low cost compared to other synthetic fillings.
- White filling: It is characterized by its close and tooth-like color. Therefore, it is good for filling teeth located in the visible parts of the teeth.
- Ceramic filler: Most of it consists of porcelain, and it is characterized by its resistance to staining more than resin formulations, and this filling lasts for more than fifteen years.
- Other fillings: A glass filling called a composite resin filling, and a porcelain filling.
The basics of choosing the type of dental filling
- The site of the crumpled tooth.
- The extent of the extent of caries.
- The cost of the material to be filled.
- The patient's comfort for the material to be filled with tooth.
The reasons leading to the fall and breakage of a dental filling
- Poor quality of the filling.
- Failure to fix the implant properly due to insufficient experience at the doctor.
- Failure of the patient to abide by the doctor’s instructions after completing the insertion of the filling, such as eating food two hours before its installation.
Temporary dental fillings
They are fillings that the dentist installs for a short period not exceeding a month, and the doctor uses them in emergency cases, before installing the fillings that need more than one session to be installed, such as gold fillings, and they are also used in nerve treatment before the permanent filling.
Important tips to protect the dental filling from falling out
- Follow up with the dentist to perform dental cleaning sessions.
- Brushing the teeth with good quality toothpaste containing fluoride twice a day.
- Using medical flossing to get rid of food residue between the teeth.
- See a doctor in the event that a tooth filling has fallen off, or there is any break or pain.
Dental filling steps
- The doctor numbs the area around the tooth.
- The doctor digs the tooth, completely removing the part that has decay.
- The doctor cleans the cavity well of bacteria, or any debris, then fills it with the appropriate filling.
- The doctor polishes and polishes the filling.