- 1 date molasses
- 2 The nutritional value of date molasses
- 3 Benefits of date molasses
- 4 Damages of date molasses
- 5 common questions about date molasses
- 6 References
Date molasses , also called date honey, and date pulp, which is a dark brown drink extracted from many types of dates, the most famous of which is the Khalas dates , which is characterized by its medium sweetness,  and date molasses is one of the most common date products. Especially in the Gulf countries,  it is also a good option as a healthy alternative to liquid sweeteners. 
The nutritional value of date molasses
The following table shows the nutritional value in a tablespoon or about 21 grams of date molasses: 
|The food component||Quantity|
Benefits of date molasses
Its content of nutrients
Date molasses is one of the foods rich in antioxidants, such as polyphenols (polyphenols), tannins , and flavonoid compounds , in addition to flavanols , carotenoids, and it should be noted that molasses It contains a good amount of calories, many amino acids, and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and calcium , in quantities that may cover the needs of the body of micronutrients , and it has a complex mixture of sugars close to 88% of it, and it consists mainly of sugar Glucose and fructose. The following table shows the amount of vitamins and minerals in every 100 grams of date molasses:   
|vitamin C||0.185 milligrams|
Studies on the benefits of date molasses
- A 2016 study published in Frontiers in Microbiology showed that date molasses and the polyphenols it contains have anti-bacterial properties. As it produces a compound hydrogen peroxide , which inhibits the growth of Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus . 
- One study published in the Arabian Journal of Chemistry in 2014 indicated that the content of date molasses from antioxidants such as phenols and flavonoids varies according to the type of dates from which the molasses was extracted, as the study showed that the molasses extracted from the Yemeni Rutab dates is the richest in antioxidants, followed by the date molasses. Saudi, then molassed Iraqi dates. 
Damage to date molasses
The degree of safety of using date molasses
Dates are considered safe for most people, including pregnant women, when consumed in moderate amounts, but there is insufficient information about the safety of consuming date molasses, or the side effects associated with consuming it in large quantities,  but in general date molasses is safe when consumed. In moderate amounts. 
Precautions for using date molasses
There is insufficient information about the dangers of using date molasses in particular, but date molasses is a good alternative to the synthetic sugars in general, as we mentioned previously, except that excessive use of it may cause side effects that harm people with diabetes, and it may cause digestive problems. Whereas, eating molasses excessively may cause diarrhea, and in addition to that, it is advised to avoid molasses for people with irritable bowel syndrome, or any problems in the digestive system. 
Common questions about date molasses
What are the benefits of date molasses for children and infants
There is no information about the benefits of using date molasses for children, and the degree of safety of using it for them is unknown. As some types of molasses may cause botulism , so it is not recommended to give children any kind of sweeteners before the age of one year, and it is advisable to consult a pediatrician before introducing them to the child's diet. 
Is date molasses useful for dieting or for fattening?
A tablespoon of date molasses, which weighs about 21 grams, contains 60.1 calories, making it a high-calorie food.  As we mentioned earlier, its sugar content is also high,  and it is worth noting that the number of calories a person eats In addition to the needs of his body, his age, and his physical activity, are some of the basic factors that determine a person's ability to lose or gain weight, so it is advised to choose low-calorie foods when wanting to reduce weight,  while those wishing to gain weight are advised to eat calories. More than that consumed by their body. 
Is date molasses useful for postpartum
There is no information about the benefits of molasses in the postpartum stage.
What are the benefits of date molasses with milk
There is no information or studies that show the benefits of consuming date molasses with milk in particular. However, as we mentioned previously, date molasses contains many beneficial nutrients,  and milk is also one of the sources rich in many vitamins, such as: vitamin B1, vitamin B12, vitamin D, and vitamin A , and it also contains minerals, such as: potassium, calcium, magnesium, and zinc, . For other information about the benefits of milk, you can read the article on the benefits of milk for the body .
- ^ A b t w State: Fars Kaed Alanazi (2010), "Utilization Of Date Syrup color : as of a Tablet Binder, a comparative Study" , Reputation: Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal Unit , Issue 2, 18 the Folder, 81-89 . Page. Edited.
- ↑ Yasser Mostafa And Saad Alamri (4-2012), “Optimization of date syrup for enhancement of the production of citric acid using immobilized cells of Aspergillus niger” , Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences , Issue 2, Folder 19, Page 241--246. Edited.
- ↑ Michael Greger And Robin Robertson, "Date Syrup" , www.nutritionfacts.org , Retrieved 19-3-2020. Edited.
- ^ A b " the DATE MOLASSES" , Www.fdc.nal.usda.gov , 14-7-2017, Retrieved 19-3-2020. Edited.
- ^ A b Hajer Taleb, by Sarah Maddocks, the R And the Morris Others (26-2-2016), "The Date Of Antibacterial Activity About Me Against Syrup S aureus and polyphenols , And E for coli , " , Frontiers In Microbiology , 7 the Folder, . Page 198. Edited by .
- ↑ Sahar Kazemalilou And Ainaz Alizadeh (2017), “Optimization of Sugar Replacement with Date Syrup in Prebiotic Chocolate Milk Using Response Surface Methodology” , Korean Journal for Food Science of Animal Resources , Issue 3, Folder 37, Page 449--455. Edited.
- ↑ Mohammed Al-Mamary, Molham Al-Habori And Adel Al-Zubairi (2014), “The in vitro antioxidant activity of different types of palm dates (Phoenix dactylifera) syrups” , Arabian Journal of Chemistry , Issue 6, Folder 7, Page 964-971. Edited.
- ↑ "DATE PALM" , www.webmd.com , Retrieved 19-3-2020. Edited.
- ^ A b Kayla 's McDonell (16-3-2020), "Everything You Need To Know About Molasses" , www.medicalnewstoday.com The , Retrieved 19-3-2020. Edited.
- ↑ Ashley Marcin (4-4-2018), "When Is It Safe for Babies to Eat Honey?" , Www.healthline.com , Retrieved 19-3-2020. Edited.
- ↑ "How Many Calories Do You Really Need?" , The www.webmd.com , 12-11-2018 Retrieved 19-3-2020. Edited.
- ↑ Kris Gunnars (20-7-2018), "How to Gain Weight Fast and Safely" , www.healthline.com , Retrieved 19-3-2020. Edited.
- ↑ Jillian Kubala (18-3-2018), “5 Ways That Drinking Milk Can Improve Your Health , ” www.healthline.com , Retrieved 19-3-2020. Edited.