Many young people have become essential in their lives to use hairspray, to appear in the best look and brightest scene among his colleagues and friends, so they cannot dispense with it in any way, as it has spread among societies, especially among young people, as it was used only a few decades ago in Events and weddings, but when the days have reached us for these moments, it has become a major requirement of elegance for all classes of society, so what is the "gel"? How is it manufactured, and what are the rules for using it?
Hair spray (gel): a gel material that is neither solid nor liquid, closer to a waxy substance, used by individuals to help styling the hair in the desired way and shape, consisting of several chemicals and powders that help dry hair and maintain its shine throughout the day.
In this article, we will go through the materials that make up the gel and the mechanism of its manufacture, the rules followed when using it, and the damages resulting from its use, passing a simple tour between it and other preparations used for hair and try to differentiate them, so taking care of the beauty and health of hair is one of the most important things in life.
The substances that make up the gel substance
The gel consists of a group of chemicals united together to form the gel preparation, and these materials differ, some of them are bases, including compounds, and each of them depends on the substances that stimulate it to be activated, and these materials are:
- Carbuble: Carbobol is added to catalytic acid, and it is heated at a temperature ranging from 50 to 60 ° C. It quickly turns into a gel, including two types of dust used to form an opaque gel, and a non-dust used in the preparation of a transparent gel.
- Three-ethanolamine: This type is specially used to obtain a non-solid substance, as it is characterized by its low base and very high solubility.
- PVP: It is a substance closest to sugar, and it is an adhesive substance that requires a solvent, and is used to give hair stability, and the higher its percentage in the gel, the faster the drying.
- Ethanol: It is the stabilizing substance of "PP-V-B", as it is extracted from natural and industrial sources, and it is prevented from increasing its percentage in order not to lead to skin diseases such as peeling, for example.
- Glycerin: It is a substance that moisturizes and nourishes the hair strands, and helps prevent the formation of deposits on the hair.
- Vitamins: It gives good nourishment to the hair scalp and gives it vitality.
- Color and smell: Some professionals may use transparent dyes for the gel, and there are those who add a mild scent that lasts with the drying of the gel, but it is not an essential component of the product.
Method and mechanism of preparation
Bring a sample of water in a container of one liter. Distribute a liter of water over two containers, and add to the first container 15 grams of "carboble" and leave it without moving it with the water, and add to the second container from 30 to 40 grams of "PP-V-B" knowing that this substance is the most expensive material, In the event of thinning, the consistency of the gel decreases in the hair, and in the case of excess it gives more consistency, now leave the two containers for a full day. After 24 hours, we bring the first container and add 20 grams of "thiethanolamine" to it and start stirring, and the water and the gel will gradually be transformed into a gel. Add the second container to the first container and complete the stirring process well, to ensure that the powders are mixed with each other. We add the appropriate color and scent to the person's desire, at a rate of 5 g each, and then stir well.
Natural gel and how to prepare it
Speaking about the preparation of the gel and the mechanism of its manufacture, we must know how to prepare and manufacture the natural gel or the closest to the healthy one that does not harm the hair, and it is a type of preparation that does not use chemicals in its components, and is prepared from materials extracted from nature, and is prepared as follows:
the required materials
2 cups of water, half a teaspoon of honey, one third of a cup of flaxseeds, five drops of clove oil, five drops of scented oil, and the preservative is about a third of a cup of citric acid.
How to prepare
- Put golden flaxseeds in water and leave it for 24 hours.
- Replace the water in which the seeds have been soaked, then place and heat them on a fire.
- Stir a little until the liquid reaches a boil, and the process is continued on a low heat to reach a gelatinous liquid.
- When the seeds float to the surface of the water, turn off the heat and transfer the gelatinous liquid to another container.
- After the liquid has cooled down, add honey, oils and a preservative.
- The liquid is stirred and the materials are mixed well, to ensure that the material is free from impurities and agglomerations.
- The gel is kept in the refrigerator and is valid for two weeks of use. You can put it in the freezer if a large amount of gel is prepared.
Rules to follow when using the gel
- The most suitable choice for the type of gel; Each type of hair has its own gel, and it is not advisable to use any type of gel, as there are many varieties, so careful selection must be taken to maintain the integrity of the hair.
- Wash the hair perfectly with soap and water, then dry the hair with your towel, to get damp hair.
- Put an appropriate amount of gel on your hand and rub it well, then we apply it to the hair and take into account the connection of the gel to all areas of the hair on the head, and make sure that the gel does not reach the scalp, as it may damage the hair.
- Use a comb and style the hair as desired, and leave it for a while to dry.
- Avoid exposure to areas of dust and dirt in case the gel has not dried so as not to stick to the hair.
- Washing hair daily before going to sleep, and not leaving the gel for the next day, as this leads to the breakdown of hair cells and suffocates the pores of the scalp's breathing.
Damage caused by the gel
- Hair loss: Using the gel leads to profuse hair loss, especially broken hair, as it works to break down hair cells and thus fall out.
- Curly hair: The gel damages the hair in the long run, because frequent use of the gel for a long period of time weakens the hair, which may cause it to bend and wrinkle the problem that may lead to sensitivity in some people.
- Weakness of the scalp: the gel may lead to a problem in hair growth due to the suffocation of the pores of breathing in the scalp cells, and this is one of the problems that is difficult to find solutions to.
- Baldness: Excessive use of gel in some cases leads to massive hair loss and weakness in the scalp, leading to so-called baldness, which is hair loss from the scalp with the inability to grow again, due to the death of cells.
That is why we can say that everything has its benefits and harms, and not all preparations are beneficial to the body, although the percentage of harm that they inflict on the body is greater than the desired benefit, but necessity has rulings, and therefore not all products are harmful. Skin and cancerous conditions as a result of excessive chemicals. All these preparations should be dealt with according to medical prescriptions and good guidelines.