- 1 Healthy nails
- 2 Nails about human health
- The 3 most important foods for healthy nails
- 4 References
Nails are a solid material made up of keratin, which contains 15% of its volume of water, in addition to mineral salts and calcium, where healthy nails are of one color, smooth, free from any spots, edges or grooves, and under the nails there is a substance called lining The nail is characterized by pink appearance for healthy people, and blue for the unhealthy; As a result of the presence of infections or lack of oxygen. It is worth noting that the importance of nails is not limited to protecting the tissue of the fingers only, but rather is one of the indicators and indications of the internal health of the body. The color, shape and texture of nails are many indications of the health of the body.  
Semantics of nails for human health
Nails have many implications for human health, the most important of which are: 
- Dulled nails: Pale nails may be a sign of anemia, liver disease, or poor nutrition.
- White nails with dark edges: These may be indications of hepatitis.
- Yellow nails: It may indicate the presence of a fungal infection or the presence of severe thyroid disease, lung disease, diabetes, or psoriasis.
- Bluish nails: This may indicate a lack of oxygen, and this may indicate a problem in the lung, such as emphysema, some heart problems.
- Nails with dark lines: where the cause should be investigated quickly, as it may sometimes indicate skin cancer.
The most important foods for healthy nails
Many foods contain nutrients that are important for the health and strength of nails, the most important of which are: 
Where sweet potatoes contain a group of antioxidants, the most important of which is beta-carotene , which is converted in the body into vitamin A, which is important in supporting nail health.
Where tomatoes are rich in biotin, lycopene, and a group of vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin C, which all give nails health and a shiny appearance, it is preferable to eat tomatoes raw without cooking them, because cooking them can destroy vitamin C.
Pumpkin seeds contain zinc, which contributes to building connective tissues, and it also regulates the manufacture of new proteins in the human body. Eating a small number of pumpkin seeds on a daily basis helps to enjoy healthy and strong nails.
It is known that milk is rich in calcium, which is beneficial for the growth and strengthening of nails. It is recommended to drink at least one cup per day, and it is preferable to consume it with foods rich in vitamin D.
Eating carrots regularly is enough to supply the body with many vitamins important for the health of skin, hair and nails. Eating them raw, cooked, or in the form of juice helps to keep nails healthy and strong.
Drinking water in the required rations of 8 to 10 cups a day is very important to prevent dehydration in the body, as dehydration causes skin and nails to fade.
Natural mixtures to eliminate yellowing of the nails
Tea tree oil with olive oil
Tea tree oil is one of the oils rich in antimicrobials and antioxidants that fight infections and restore the natural color of the nails, by mixing equal amounts of tea tree oil and olive oil and applying them with a cotton ball on the nails, and it is recommended to repeat this method twice daily to get the best results. 
Baking soda with lemon and olive oil
By mixing a tablespoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of olive oil, then applying it to the nails using a soft clean toothbrush, then washing it with lukewarm water after 5 minutes, this process is repeated twice a week. 
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is characterized by its anti-fungal and bactericidal properties that can help to keep nails free from any kind of infection in case the yellowing of the nails is due to a fungal infection, by mixing a cup of water with a cup of apple cider vinegar in a large bowl, then put the hands in the solution for a period of time 20 minutes, after which you wash your hands with cold water, then moisten them well with olive oil , and it is advised to repeat this mixture twice a day to get the best results. 
Tips and advice for nail care
There are several ways to maintain strong and white nails, the most important of which are: 
- Clean the nails frequently to remove dirt and dust sticking to them.
- Exfoliate the nails with a fine nail file to get rid of nail polish residues or any oils accumulated on them.
- Always sterilize the nail file by placing it in hot water for five minutes, to dissolve all the dirt and microbes on it.
- Apply a clear layer to the nails before applying a layer of nail polish or manicure, to allow the nails to breathe.
- Keep eating foods rich in vitamins and protein to increase strength.
- Avoid applying nail polish daily. Giving the nails a break, even for one day a week, is sufficient to maintain their health.
- For example, cut the nails once every two weeks and keep them at an appropriate length, to maintain their health and get rid of any stuck microbes.
- Avoid exposing nails to harsh chemicals.
- Keeping hands dry after swimming or bathing, making sure to moisturize them regularly.
- Wear gloves when using detergents.
- ↑ Siham Ghazi (16 January 2016), “5 Signs of Nails Indicating Body Illness , ” Regime Magazine , accessed on 7/16/2017.
- ↑ Sarah Said (04.03.2017), "nails the window to human health!" , Journal of Diet , briefed him on 16.07.2017.
- ↑ "Slideshow: What Your Nails Say About Your Health" , WebMD , Retrieved 16-7-2017.
- ↑ Fouz Al-Jabri (5-8-2017), “The best food materials to beautify and strengthen the nails” , Regime magazine , read on 7/16-2017.
- ^ A b "How To Tweet Get To the Rid Of Yellow Nails" , Top10homeremedies , Retrieved 16-7-2017.
- ↑ Pavitra Sampath (3-9-2015), "7 <br> home Remedies For Yellow nail That Really workTel!" , Thehealthsite , Retrieved 16-7-2017.
- ↑ Arrows Grza (04.05.2016), " a natural nail care and strengthening" , Journal of Diet , briefed him on 16.07.2017.